ISO 39001:2012 - Road Traffic Safety Management
ISO 39001:2012 Certification
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), every year over 1.3 million people lose their lives and about 50 million more people suffer non-fatal injuries that may lead to a disability due to road traffic crashes. Injuries because of road traffic incidents lead to substantial financial losses to individuals, their relations, and countries as a whole. ISO 39001 Certification provides organizations with a global best-practice framework for detecting and managing road safety risks by enabling organizations that interact with the road traffic system to reduce death and grave injuries pertaining to road traffic crashes which it can affect.
ISO 39001 Certification is the international standard that sets specifications for a Road Traffic Safety (RTS) management system. It is a quality management system similar to the one implemented in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 13485. It was first published on October 1, 2021, and since then it has been the go-to standard for road traffic safety.
Why Choose Finecert for ISO 39001 Certification?
Upon verification that an organization complies with the requirements of ISO 39001, a third-party audit is performed by a certification body that will issue an ISO 39001 certificate. This certification is then maintained through regularly scheduled yearly observation audits by the registrar, with re-certification of the Road Traffic Safety Management System performed on a triennial basis.
The road safety management system can be integrated with the general management system of an organization or with other ISO management systems such as ISO 9001 (Quality) and ISO 14001 (Environment). Organizations that are already familiar with these standards will find it easier to comprehend ISO 39001 certification. But even if you are not familiar with this, we, at Finecert, have a team of highly-talented consultants who will help you understand with simplified certification process, minimum documentation, End-to-end responsibility and One-stop solution for consulting, training, audit and certification and as well as obtain the ISO certification. We have expertise in a variety of standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 22000, HACCP, ISO 13485, ISO 50001, CE Mark, GMP, ISO 21001, ISO 20001, ISO 22301, 41001, etc.
Process of getting ISO 39001 Certification
ISO 39001 certification helps companies in incorporating road safety as a core objective into their management systems. As a part of the ISO management system standards family, ISO 39001 certification is based on the up-to-date common management standard framework established by ISO and a Plan, Do, Check and Act process which includes:
- Gap Analysis: First we need to analyze your framework to set a guide on the necessary improvements
- Scope and Design: Based on the information obtained from the first step, we will design the arrangements and solutions needed for an effective management system.
- Implementation: This is the major step where all the required changes are put to effect.
- Training: In this step, all the employees and staff will be trained.
- Certification Audit: Auditors will visit your organization to audit the company and then provide you with ISO 39001 Certification.
- Continual Improvement: Although we don’t mention this step, we provide continual services after the entire process of ISO 39001 Certification is completed. This ensures that the process of your management system flows continuously.
Benefits of ISO 39001 Certification
- Improves company image and brand value
- Guarantee safety, quality, and reliability
- Enhanced employee satisfaction
- Compliance with the legal, statutory, and regulatory requirements.
- Reduces road traffic deaths and injuries, both at the workplace and during the commute
- Improves productivity at work by reducing workday loss due to injuries
- Higher employee satisfaction by improving working conditions
- Reduction on insurance premiums and incident costs
- Gain a competitive advantage in the business world
- Demonstrate Corporate Social Responsibility
Industries or organizations that can comply with ISO 39001
ISO 39001 applies to all organizations, both public and private sector, that interact with the road traffic system. It can be obtained by organizations that are committed to improving road safety and wish to establish, implement, maintain and improve their RTS management system. Then and again, ISO 39001 has proven to be of paramount help to organizations, especially those involved in transport businesses.
ISO 39001 is being adopted progressively across the world in low, middle, and high-income countries. It can apply to organizations of all sizes, be it a small, medium, or big enterprise. Even professionals who work with road traffic safety can help their organizations achieve traffic safety goals and objectives by getting ISO 39001 certified.