How ISO 14001 helps manufacturing Industries in Qatar?
Natural gas in the country’s significant contributor to the national income. Qatar is home to a number of the biggest gas fields within the world. The country’s natural gas reserves are estimated to make up 14% of all deposits of natural gas in the world. Qatar could be a world leader within the export of fossil fuel. As the country exports natural gas, natural gas contributes 79% of the energy needs in the country, which is produced domestically. Qatar Gas is the company charged with the extraction and exportation of fossil fuel. In 1984, the company innovated ways of converting natural gas into Liquefied Natural gas. Ever since Qatar Gas Company has been the world’s leading producer of Liquefied Natural Gas. The fossil fuel business has reworked Qatar’s economy from an impoverished nation to a high-income country. The ISO 14001 certification in Qatar standard is the internationally recognized that provides practical tools for organizations to manage their environmental responsibilities. It can help any organization, regardless of its activity or sector, map a framework that they can use to develop a competitive environmental management system. It is an effective means for identifying and systematically reducing potentially harmful impacts on the environment. ISO 14001 certification in Qatar focuses on improving environmental performance rather than improving the management system. The Environmental Management Systems standard stresses leadership’s engagement and a need to understand the context of ISO 14001 certification in Qatar to better manage risk and promote environmental management.
The importance of protecting and preserving the environment is becoming increasingly important for industry. In the wake of multiple environmental disasters in the past few decades, consumers are interested in how companies are positively or negatively impacting the environment. Therefore, industries today are looking for ways to go green. Many organizations are actively looking at methods to reduce energy consumption, recycle materials, and reduce their impact on the environment. There is also mounting political pressure for companies to pay for any damage they cause to the environment. A report released by the UN estimated that costs related to environmental damage could cause a decline in the global economy of at least 7% within the next few decades. In addition, many communities are taking steps to reduce their impact on the environment. Recycling has become a common practice and is now required in many urban areas.
ISO 14001 has several advantages. Organizations and firms notice that using the standard helps them:
- Improve resource efficiency.
- Reduce waste & drive down costs.
- Provide assurance that environmental impact is being measured.
- Gain a competitive advantage in supply chain design.
- Increase new business opportunities and meet legal obligations.
- Increase stakeholder and customer trust.
- Improve the overall environmental impact.
- Manage environmental obligations with consistency.
Implementation and operation are successive steps in building a good EMS.
ISO 14001 certification in Qatar requires the following:
- Define and communicate roles, responsibility, and authorities necessary to determine, implement, and maintain the EMS — There should be an appointed management representative who, regardless of alternative duties, is responsible for establishing, implementing, and maintaining the EMS.
- Communicate the Environmental policy, objectives, and targets, and different parts of the EMS to staff and contractors — Communication will take many forms like coaching, poster campaigns, and/or bulletin board announcements.
- Ensure that those staff whose job will have a major impact on the setting are suitably trained — These staff should be informed of the potential environmental consequences of their actions and must be competent to do their jobs.
- Establish procedures to handle environmental inquiries from interested parties — These inquiries can be regarding the EMS; the organization’s important aspects, objectives, and targets; environmental performance; or alternative environmental problems.
- Identify and describe the core parts of the EMS — These might embrace the Environmental policy, operational procedures, and directions.
- Control EMS documents and procedures — guarantee they’re current, reviewed by the approved person(s), and out there for the purpose of use.
- Maintain documented procedures to regulate operations that might impact the setting — These embody work directions, preventive maintenance procedures, and alternative operational management procedures.
- Have an effective emergency preparedness and response plan — Test it periodically, as appropriate, and update it, as necessary after the occurrence of environmental incidents.
Why choose Finecert for ISO 14001 Certification in Qatar?
ISO 14001 Certification Consultants from Finecert are independent and impartial in everything we do. We have some of the experienced consultants which help your organization to implement ISO 14001 certification in Qatar. Our services do end post Certification rather we help our customers to maintain their system. We have services that include an annual maintenance contract where we help our customers to maintain and be compliant with the standard requirements. We provide online assistance to all our certified customers with any payment. We assure you of process improvement along with certification. The cost of ISO 14001 certification in Qatar depends on the consultant you have hired as you shall be paying for their abilities and competence in delivering the project and helping you provide industry best practices.
For more information about ISO 14001 certification, you can write to us at email@example.com or visit www.finecert.com and submit an inquiry with all information. One of our experts shall contact you at the earliest to understand your requirements better and provide the best available solution in the market.