How ISO 14001 helps manufacturing Industries in Nigeria?
ISO 14001 is an international standard developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) through dedicated technical committees. One of the world’s most popular standards for environmental management is ISO 14001. It sets out the requirements for an environmental management standard, is one of the world’s most widely used standards and a key business tool for many organizations. Its purpose is to modify a company of any kind or size to develop and implement a policy committing it to the interference of pollution, compliance with legal and other requirements, and continual improvement.
These processes are to be based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle.
PDCA can be briefly described as follows.
- Plan: establish the objectives and processes necessary to deliver leads in accordance with the organization’s environmental policy.
- Do: implement the processes.
- Check: monitor and measure processes against the environmental policy, objectives, targets, legal and other requirements, and report the results.
- Act: Work on the process.
Benefits of ISO 14001:2015 Certification in Abuja:
- Higher management of environmental risks.
- Shows an organization’s commitment towards surroundings and therefore improve company image in the market.
- Increased access to new customers and business partners.
- Demonstration of legal and regulatory compliance.
- Potential for reduced public liability insurance costs.
- Overall price savings: in terms of consumption, waste, and recycling.
- Facilitate organizations minimize their operations that directly affect their surroundings.
Key steps for the ISO 14001 certification process are:
- Definition of certification scope.
- Pre-audit (optional); gap analysis and identification of your current position against the standard.
- Initial audit to verify the implementation of the essential structure of the Environmental Management System.
- Certification audit (certificate issued).
- Surveillance audits to follow the continual improvement.
- Recertification after three years through full audit or continual assessment.
How long does it take to implement ISO 14001 in Abuja?
There are several reasons for the implementation of this standard. Some organizations see it as a natural progression as their company grows while some see it as a logical system to satisfy environmental obligations.
Implementation time depends on several other factors such as:
- Type of industry where the organization operates.
- Size of the organization.
- A number of sites.
- Knowledge and availability of internal resources.
How does ISO 14001 in Lagos fit into your Organization?
ISO 14001:2015 certification in Lagos helps an organization achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system, which provide value for the environment, the organization itself, and interested parties. Consistent with the organization’s environmental policy, the intended outcomes of an environmental management system include:
- enhancement of environmental performance;
- fulfillment of compliance obligations;
- achievement of environmental objectives.
ISO 14001 Certification in Nigeria is applicable to any organization, regardless of size, type, and nature, and applies to the environmental aspects of its activities, products, and services that the organization determines it can either control or influence considering a life cycle perspective.
The ISO 14001 consultants in Lagos helps in the Plan-Check-Do-Review-Improve cycle
The Plan cycle deals with the beginning stages of an organization becoming ISO 14001-compliant. The Check cycle deals with checking and correcting errors. The Do cycle is the implementation and operation of the ISO 14001 standard within an organization. The Review cycle is a review of the entire process by the organization’s top management. And the Improve cycle is a cycle that never ends as an organization continually finds ways to improve its EMS.
– Single-site to large multinational companies
– High-risk companies to low-risk service organizations
– Manufacturing, process, and the service industries, including local governments
– All industry sectors including public and private sectors
Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification in Lagos:
- ISO 14001 improves company image among the purchasers and regulators.
- Reducing pollution means improved productivity and more efficient use of resources.
- Helps Reduce costs for emissions, discharges, waste handling, transport, and disposal.
- Increased demand for their services and products through a marketing advantage.
- Lowering business costs by reducing resource consumption and waste production.
- Achieving their environmental commitments and environmental policy requirements.
- Meeting their environmental legal requirements and Committing to social responsibilities.
- Promoting a positive image with stakeholders, customers, and employees.
- Retaining environmental knowledge and ensuring information is effectively communicated and Sustainably develop their business.
Why choose Finecert for ISO 14001 in Nigeria?
ISO 14001 consultants from Finecert are independent and impartial in everything we do. We have some of the experienced consultants which help your organization to implement ISO 14001. Our services do not end with your Certification, rather we help our customers to maintain their system. We have services that include an annual maintenance contract where we help our customers to maintain and be compliant with the standard requirements. The cost of ISO 14001 certification in Lagos depends on the consultant you have hired as you shall be paying for their abilities and competence in delivering the project and helping you provide industry best practices. ISO in Nigeria by an accredited and respected certification body is nowadays required by organizations that are concerned about the Quality of Services being provided to them.
For more information about ISO 14001 certification, you can write to us at email@example.com or visit www.finecert.com and submit an inquiry with all information. One of our experts shall contact you at the earliest to understand your requirements better and provide the best available solution in the market.